That’s right. If you’re a writer, and are capable of fun, you’re invited to an after party on Thursday, May 14 at 8:30 after the LDStorymakers conference at the Marriot in Provo, Utah. We’ll have glow sticks. Complimentary fake mustaches. Possibly a flash/mob dance, whatever the heck that is. Dancing optional. Some items of business:
- WE HAVE ROOM FOR 100 PEOPLE. If you’re in, be in publicly. (Click that you’re going. If you need a Facebook invitation to the event, comment on this post & I’ll get you one.) Hopefully, every interested person can come. Otherwise, first clicked, first served.
- No food or drink except that purchased from the Marriott.
- Want to volunteer to help? Sign up in a spread sheet in google docs.
- You can invite writing friends (comment on this post or on the FB event page if you do), but please, don’t invite all of south Provo. This is intended for conference-attendees.
- To request a song not on the play list below, leave a comment and I’ll cut someone else’s favorite song. (Or half of both?)
- Some of us love all sorts of songs, but it’s important during this conference-sponsored activity to respect LDStorymakers’ standards opposing offensive content, so please let me know if you think something on the play list is questionable. (Thanks!)
Playlist: Note that we probably can’t get to all of these songs, but we will have them on hand.
Dynamite, Taio Cruz
Electric Slide, Marcia Griffiths
Dancing Queen, Abba
The Macarena, Los Del Rio
Istanbul, They Might Be Giants
Gettin’ Jiggy with It, Will Smith
One Week, Bare Naked Ladies
Eye of the Tiger, Survivor
Ojos Asi, Shakira
Everything I Do, Bryon Adams
Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down), Chumbawamba
I Would Walk 500 Miles, The Proclaimers
Canned Heat, by Jamiroquai (The Napoleon Dynamite song)
Bye, Bye, Bye, N’Sync
Party Rock Anthem, LMFAO
Cotton Eyed Joe, Rednex
We Speak No Americano, Yolanda Be Cool
Gangnam Style, Psy
Everybody, BackStreet Boys
I Saw the Sign, Ace of Base
Happy, Pharrel Williams
Fantastic Baby, BigBang
Rock Lobster, The B-52’s
Crank That (Clean Version), Soulja Boy
Buddy Holly, Weezer
Uptown Funk, Mark Ronson, ft. Bruno Mars
Yeah, baby. Time to rock on.
Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhoto.net